Let's Dance With Me | Interview Tips
Let us share with you key points on how to get ready for your upcoming interview and set up your expectations.
- Check in: Arrive 15 minutes early, and check in for your interview. Have your government-issued photo ID ready (e.g. driver’s license, passport).
- Location: Detailed instruction on location or online interview will be sent to you via email.
- Dress code: Should the interview set up in person, we require to be dressed semi formal or formal attire. However, we're interested in what you have to say, not what you are wearing.
- What to expect: Interviews will be a mixture of questions and discussions regarding your previous experience and challenges you've encountered. Be ready with detailed examples — concise, structured answers are ideal.
- Interviewers: Depending on the role, you will meet with anywhere from one to two Let's Dance With Me members. They will likely be a mix of managers, team members or owners. All interviewers will assess potential for growth beyond the position you’re interviewing for, and focus on evaluating how well your background and skills meet core competencies, along with how they relate to Let's Dance With Me culture. We recommend approaching each of your interviews the same way, rather than trying to tailor answers to the interviewer’s role. Interviewers will often be taking notes on their laptops. It’s important that they have precise notes of their time with you to share with other interviewers.
- Resume or CV: Interviewers will have a copy, but feel free to bring one as well.
- Duration: Each interview session usually lasts from 45 minutes to an hour.
- Let's Dance With Me. Non-Disclosure Agreement: All candidates must sign our standard Non-Disclosure Agreement. If you're unable to print and sign prior to your arrival, we'll have a copy available for you.
- Technical roles: If you're interviewing for a technical role, be prepared to white board.
- Virtual interviews: If you've been asked to do a virtual interview, you will likely need to use FaceTime, Viber or Whatsapp. For optimal sound quality, use a headset with a microphone.